We just settled back into the city from a week in the south attending the annual American Herbalist’s Guild conference. Though the 14 hour road trip to the Unicoi State Park and Lodge in Helen, Georgia (and back) made us a bit nuttier than usual, while at the conference we were able dip our toes back into the classroom, get our creative juices flowing, and meet up with some of our herby friends, mentors, and heroes.
A few notables:
- We were able to stave off a hefty rain storm (only one, tiny breech!) with our awesome tarp-angling skills.
- A chat with Lorna Mauney-Brodek of Herbalista fame left us swooning like fan girls and recharged with new ways to build community through medicinal plants.
- Though the fire circle was called off both nights “due to weather” we used our powers of coercion to convince our dear teacher, Richard Mandelbaum, to overthrow authority and build a a fire anyway.
- We had an absolute blast getting to know the beautiful spirit creature that is Lindsey Ann Feldpausch from Thomas Easley’s Eclectic School of Herbal Medicine (we miss you already!).
- We discovered that if we included a pretzel in the photo, Angelica would actually smile.
Now that we’re finally out of the car we can’t wait to get started on our plans for next summer!
Love, peace, and fabaceae’s,